Philippians 2: 3-4, 1 Peters 3: 7 & Eccl 4: 9
Throughout last month, we have our theme of discussion as LOVE. To the glory of God, it has been amazing. From the scriptures above, God’s plan for us as a people is not to do it alone. God made marriages for companions. We have good rewards for our labours. This kind of labour of love is not only in marriages but also in board room, organizations and communities. Two are better than one, the scripture says. This underscores why sometimes you have more than two or three people on a team trying to achieve a goal.
In your relationship and marriages, you need to work together for the rewards. You must work together in all you do to get results. There is no point in not getting rewards from your labour. Our labours will not be fruitless in Jesus name. So it is important we love one another in practical ways. We will be addressing what ways we love our significant others practically? Many people are not happy and fulfill when their needs are not meant. In Christians’ homes; we are not supposed to take our needs for granted. We are supposed to be channel of blessing and fulfillment to our partners.
When you want to operate successfully in a community or a nation, you got to be able to pick their language. You will need to know the basic expressions of the language. This will enable you to connect and relate well. Language is a connecting factor in relationships. In marriage, Love has its language as well. The five love languages by Gary Chapman have blessed so many homes. Love languages talk about how you receive and want to be loved. It talks about how you perceived love. These love languages are: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service and physical touch.
- Words of affirmation: Words matter to the people in this category. Words affirm them. Words are the ways you can communicate with them. It matters to tell people in this category; “I love you”. Every woman needs a WOW man. You need to look yourself in the mirror and affirm yourself.
- Quality time: Spend quality time with yourselves as friends, couples and partners. People under this category want quality not quantity time. Give quality attention to each other.
- Receiving of Gifts: Don’t label this set of people as materialistic. This is how they feel loved. When you buy them gifts, it shows you thought about them. It matters to them as well.
- Acts of service: They feel love when you do something for them. You score high mark with them. Help them around the house. Seek to help them do things.
- Physical touch: Being listed last doesn’t mean it is the least. They seek hug and physically want to be touched.