Overcoming anxiety is quite important to our mental health. A report shows that one out of eight people are suffering from mental health disorders, and more than 75% of this number do not receive treatment.
“If you are happy in life, you will be healthy. But if you are sad and upset, your body will be weak.” ~ Proverbs 22:17 (EASY)
These are some biblical strategies for living in good mental health.
1. Eat right: Gluttony is a sin. Read books, consult a nutritionist and listen to your doctors about how to manage your nutritional choices
2. Speak right: (Proverbs 18 vs 21): You can frame your world by your words. Don’t declare any sickness as your own. There is a law of sowing and reaping or cause and effect.
3. Obey God’s instructions: Some health issues result from disobeying God’s instructions. Refusing to follow God’s instruction will open one to sickness and diseases.
4. Rest: Resting is essential for the body’s recovery pay attention to what your body says. Rest when necessary. Being anointed is not a substitute for rest!
5. Medical check Up: Do health checks at hospitals so you can tackle anything found.
6. Live a life of contentment and gratitude: Godliness with contentment is a significant gain.
7. Prayer and Thanksgiving: (Phillip 4:7) Prayer is a means of exhaling your troubles.
8. Constantly meditate on the right things.
Sermon excerpts from Pastor Ayo Bankole – Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
Watch the full sermon here.