The Courage To Blossom. God has given us a promise and we need to believe Him. He believes in us so much He sent His son to die for us so we in turn must trust Him too. We need the courage to apply God’s promises to our lives.
Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them. (Joshua 1:6-7 NLT)
God assured the Israelites that all they had to do was be courageous and He repeated it several times in Joshua 1. The problem we have is that we are not courageous enough to take hold of the words that are ours. Faith is important but you can’t have faith if you don’t have hope. When you get to the end of your rope and things are beyond your scope, you need your hope to cope.
Discouragement targets your heart and your faith in God, it attacks your hope. This is one of the strongest weapons against Christians. (Luke 21:26-28). The prophetic word has been released over us this year but it needs a space in your heart for it to function. God has sown the word but is your heart ready to accept it and allow it take root. (Hebrews 4:2 NKJV).
What is the state of your heart today, is it prepared to blossom?
Some causes of people loosing their faith.
- Comparison: When you look at other people first to define your success. Your journey in life is custom made and you are on your own track. No one has ever lived like you. When you compare yourself you start to think God is unfair about your life and hasn’t been kind to you. When God created you He didn’t seek anyone’s opinion about how you should be made. (2 Corinthians 10:12 NLT).
- Conflict: Some people have inner battles and unresolved childhood conflicts and this causes them not to be able to accommodate a loving God, especially when the conflict stems from their relationship with their parents.
- Contradiction of human nature: There are two laws working in us. (Romans 7:14 NKJV). Sometimes we try so much to do the right thing but we just are not strong enough to resist our human will. (Romans 7:25 NKJV).
- Commentaries from other people: No matter what you do people will talk about you. Their opinions are their fundamental human rights and it is also your right not to accept what they say. Opinions are cheap, let people say what they want but don’t allow it to define your life, let God’s word define your life.
Some signs that you have lost your heart and your faith:
Being negative and cynical
Compromising on your values
Cures for loosing your heart and your hope:
- Come to terms with the reality of your life – (Romans 4:17)
- Control your circle of influence and interest: Let go of what you cannot control. (Isaiah 35:4 NLT). You must make the choice to rejoice, irrespective of what life throws at you.
- Accept the cross and your calling: God will not give you burdens that are too heavy for you to bear. Embrace everything that your calling has called on you.
- Learn to count your blessings: we are all so much in a rush in life and because of that we are missing out on so much. You only ever know when a goal was a crazy one when they replay it in slow motion. Count your blessings and name them one by one.
- Know that God is in charge: He doesn’t miss any part of your life, He has the world in His hands and nothing happens to you without His knowledge.
- Confront your fears with Gods word: false experiences appearing real; we need not give credence to them. take the initiative and face your fears.
An excerpt from the sermon by Pastor Seun Ogundelu on Wednesday, January 10, 2023
Watch this sermon here.