Jesus is saying that you are an influencer, but will you be a positive influencer or a negative influencer?
Matthew 5:13 – 16.
Jesus told his listeners that they were like salt and light. Salt and light change anything they come into contact with.
Just as light influences, darkness influences too. The difference is that light brings positive progress, revelation and improvement. Light brings life, while darkness brings backwardness, greed, decay and stagnation.
Ecclesiastes 11:7 NLTLight is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning.
May your light break forth in Jesus’ name.
Influencers understand themselves, aren’t selfish because they give what they can, and positive influencers recognise the value they add to others. Let’s read further on how to influence positively.
5 Ways to influence positively
- Discover your purpose for being: You can’t influence anyone without knowing who you are. 1 John 3:8; John 9:5 (why Jesus came); John 1:23 – (John the Baptist). All influencers understand who they are and what they believe about themselves. And what you believe, you become. Discover you!
- Proximity is the key to influence: To influence others positively, they have to be able to see you (Gen 41: 38 NLT – Pharaoh noticed Joseph). To influence others, you have to build relationships. Leverage technology and the media. Mark 1:27-28
- Recognize and acknowledge the value you see in other people. Help them express that value. 1Samuel 16:18. Positive Influencers allow others to stand and live their purpose.
- Be deliberate about how you use your influence. You can change other people’s lives one step at a time. One day at a time. Ask yourself; What have I contributed to someone today?
- Focus on impacting the quality of people’s lives: share your experiences to help prevent someone from making the same mistakes you did. Also, give when you can, and share your food with someone (John 6:9 NLT)
Matthew 5:16 By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.”
Your impact will outlive you, wherever there is darkness, bring your light into.
Your influence is desperately needed, You are needed.
You are the light, You are powerful, You are a change agent!