In this yuletide season, what are you joyful for?
In our current world economy, it’s almost impossible to be joyful. People have a challenging experiences in life, and this situation might take away joy. Joel 1: 10 – 12, Habakkuk 7: 19 (NIV)
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 (NIV)
Don’t let challenging experiences steal your joy. Times and seasons change, but the right perspective of the seasons will help you to remain joyful.
Delays in life must never impede our ability to be joyful.
Your time to succeed has not passed, like a wise man once said. Before you agree there is a delay, you must have been the one in charge of time.
The fact that things are happening for others at a particular time doesn’t not mean it wont happen for you.
God creates times and seasons and He helps us to transcend the times and season, but man created the calendar and wall clock to monitor the activities of God.
Our God doesn’t live in time, He lives outside of time. With God, your time cannot pass you by,
The devil doesn’t have the capacity to kill our joy he doesn’t give joy. It is God that gives joy so the devil tries to steal it and one of the major ways he uses is making you compare milestones, assets and life with others.
The only person that can kill your joy is you, because joy works with your will power. Luke 18: 19 (NIV)
Joy is a deep rooted spiritual convictions and emotions, which is a function of our regenerated human spirit. (2 Corinthians 10:12)
Being dissatisfied with who you are and where you are in life shows that you are ungrateful to God. 1 Timothy 6:6-11 (NIV). When we lack contentment, we despise the value of what we have and who we are.
Discontentment only allows us to realize the things we have when it is taken away from us. Hebrews 13:5 (KJV)
Lack of contentment belittles our Joy!
In the midst of difficulties, here are few ways you can be Joyous:
- Fix your gaze on God: God knows the appropriate time for you. Don’t look at the circumstance. Shift your focus to God. Psalms 129: 1- 8.
- Employ the ministry of the Holy Spirit at all times: The Holy Spirit is within, and can inspire joy in our heart. When you feel weary, simply say “Holy Spirit, help me.” (John 14:26)
- Make melodies in your heart by singing Psalms, hymns and spiritual songs: By creating melodies in your heart, you are cultivating a spiritual atmosphere around you and are weeding the devil out of your life. (Ephesians 5:15 – 20)
- Stock taking: Count your blessings and name them one by one. It will surely surprise you what God has done in your life. Don’t count the negatives but count the positives. (Psalm 36: 6- 12)
- Find Jesus and receive Him, if you haven’t received Him: Jesus is a gift with a lift. Jesus is a joy bringer. (John 5: 11)
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! (Philippians 4: 4)
Remain joyful and enjoy the full service here