God is real no matter how we feel.
Mark 4:38 Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re going to drown?”
The disciples couldn’t feel Jesus, so they woke him up. But they should have known that Jesus won’t die in a shipwreck. Every Christian goes through these situations where it seems God is missing in action, but would you trust God or your feelings?
God has not promised that you will always feel His presence, but He has promised never to leave nor forsake you.
The Bible is filled with believers of old who believed in God despite feeling like God wasn’t there. Look at Job; God was silent for 37 chapters, but He spoke later. Engaging in the presence of God will offer us the following;
- Help – The Bible calls the Holy Spirit a helper (John 14:16); we all need the help of God. God wired us in such a way that we would always need Him. -Hebrew 13:6, Psalm 46:1. There is nothing too hard for God to do, He will help you -Isaiah 41:10
- Hope – Nothing is hopeless with God. The Bible says with God nothing shall be impossible. We will face trials and tribulations, but the assurance in God’s word brings hope when God comes in the dynamic changes. Whatever you’re going through, is not the end of your story. There is hope for you with God on our side.
- Health and Healing – Romans 8:11.Your body, is the temple of God, and the sanctuary that carries God cannot be filled with sickness. It cannot be heard that Jesus was sick. God took our infirmities. Therefore, we are in good health, and if we have invited diseases through our lifestyle, God has promised us healing.
Now that you are aware of what engaging the presence of God will offer us let’s find out how to engage the presence of God
1. Think: Constant meditation on what God has done and said. If you know how to worry, then you can meditate.
2. Talk: Constant conversation with God. Open your mouth and talk to God. God is not tired of hearing from you. God is with you; no place is closer to God than where you are.
3. Thank : Constant appreciation. God wants us to carry the emblem of joy, don’t let your personality be defined by sadness. Be thankful for all of God in every situation. Praise Him amid the sorrows.
Remember that engaging God’s Presence will give us help, hope and healing.
Sermon excerpts from Pastor Seun Ogundelu– Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
Watch the full sermon here.