When we hear the word home-coming to eternity, what comes to mind is fear. With our insight on the ultimate resurrection, we need not allow fear to cloud us, when we hear those messages.
Don’t be so surprised! Indeed, the time is coming when all the dead in their graves will hear the voice of God’s Son, and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgement.
John 5:28-29 (NLT)
Fear incapacitates your ability for progression and growth. It doesn’t give you the ability to progress and move forward.
God never uses fear to correct His children. Fear is of the devil. Love inspires genuine progress and growth, and our God is a loving God.
- John 3:16-18 (NIV). God never wanted anyone to be condemned, but He wants us to understand His love for us, no matter how far we have gone from him.
- 1 John 4:18 (NKJV). God’s love in us casts out fear. It’s perfect.
- 1 Peter 2:11 (MSG). We must keep the law of time perspective in mind as we transition through the journey of this life.
- Hebrews 13:14. As much as death is a certainty for many people, it is a metamorphotic experience for many to live in eternity.
The essence of victorious home-coming:
- It is the hope of our christian faith. If all we do on earth is for us to end up on earth, then there is no point. We are very certain that the grave is not the end for us, but we are going to resurrect with Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:12-19 (NLT). Hope is looking forward to something with confidence. 1 Peter 1:3-5 (NLT).
- Assurance of a glorious reward. God does not promise and fail, He will always come through for us on His Word. We are certain that we will get rewarded for all our service to God here on earth. 1 Corinthians 9:24-25, 2 Timothy 4:6-8 (NLT).
- Translation into a perfect world with God forever. We get the opportunity to live in a world free of pain and sorrow. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, Revelation 21:1-4 (NLT). The world with God is a perfect place where we don’t suffer the calamities on this planet.
How to be part of victorious home-coming:
- Become born-again: Accept Jesus as your Saviour and Lord. He has saved and let Him have final say in your life. Being born-again is the only access code to the victorious home-coming. Romans 10:9-10, John 11:25-26 (NLT).
- Commit to fulfilling your God-given assignment: Do things that will count for you in eternity. Never compete with anyone. Run your race on earth in such a way that will bring glory to God. The length of our life has been wired into our lifetime, therefore we must run our race with urgency. 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 (NLT).
- Align your motives with God’s motives: Constantly review your motives with God’s motives. Let your motive be pure. At all times, maintain purity of heart, sincerity of conscience and purpose. Your life is too small to be the purpose of your life. Luke 16:15 (NLT) Proverb 16:1-2 (ET).
- Do good: Show love and care to all men. Remember that every human being is an extension of God, love them. Let your life be filled with acts of kindness, it will count for you in eternity. Matthew 25:31-46 (NLT).
- Make Jesus famous: Wherever you go, publicise Christ. Preach Jesus to your community. (Daniel 12:3) Your life should be an epistle that attracts people to God. Wear Christ as your emblem. 1 Timothy 4:1-4
In all of these, we must be able to understand God’s heart towards us 2 Peter 3:8-9 (TPT). Don’t be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.